Bark!

http://seahorsecorral.org/wav/bark.wav

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 8: #18

Well, I was ginning along pretty good, although I got a late start due to Black Thursday - Sunday, Bloody Sunday - and then the link to the Newsweek article was a bust. Did find it through Masterfile, so I've pulled it for the rest of the staff. Still haven't read it myself. I've had others send me links that by the time I opened it, the article wasn't there. That's a bit disconcerting.
Regarding the various social networking sites, don't think I am the type to have a Facebook, or MySpace account. Would require too much work on my part, for something that I could care less about. I did like that Ning has a crime writers group - that was interesting reading some of their conversations. Yahoo Groups has been used by committees to set up a members' page and can certainly see the benefit of that. The ease with having conversations and keeping them going would be most beneficial. Not having to meet in person - keeping abreast of news among members would be even better.
Are these all just expanded blogs? Xanga certainly looked bloggish to me.
Loved the Rate my space - this looks like the sites I go to on msn.com/hgtv/tlc and look at decorating tips or gardening. Not that I actually can translate any of this into my own house/garden/life. But I like looking.
The last three are not my thing - would rather look through Rate My Space. Do see how there are sites for just about any taste out there; but now can't really tell the difference between blogs and some of these social networking sites.

No comments: