Bark!

http://seahorsecorral.org/wav/bark.wav

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

# 54 Books, Readers and Beyond: Social Networking through books - Posts 2 & 3

There always seem to be such good ideas for book clubs when I read about them. To paraphrase the old saying, "So many book clubs, not enough time." I love the ideas of genres, food and books, meeting weekly and discussing them by chapters. The reality is who has the time for that. The title I would choose - 2 very different people have recommended it to me - is "Lamb; the gospel according to Biff" by Christopher Moore.

Reading Group Guides even has a reading guide for it, although it didn't really review the book. Goodreads had a lot of reviews on the book; it seemed more weighted on favorable reviews, although those who did not like it really did not like it. LibraryThing also reviewed it and those were mostly favorable. The language in Goodreads is quite a bit more risque than on LibraryThing. I wonder if the LibraryThing members are just that much more refined?

I seem to be doing this backwards. I'll go out of order and now go to Post # 52

No comments: