Bark!

http://seahorsecorral.org/wav/bark.wav

Saturday, March 21, 2009

52: # 1 Books and Reading

Our mission was to find read-alikes for a favorite title. I used Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard as it was the perfect blend of humor, romance and mystery and because it had me laughing out loud when I read it. It was not a great choice for read-alikes as Linda Howard doesn't limit her books to humorous romantic mystery. So checking an author read-alike really sucked at finding similar titles.

Novelist came close by choosing American humor and then continuing to limit the search.

"What do I read next?" was very frustrating because I kept getting errors when I searched it. I wanted to kick the computer into the next room - however, I refrained as it was not mine.

Library Booklists and Bibliographies was a great find. I liked its ease of use - I could click until I got a list of Adult Fiction Read A-likes.

I wish I had picked a better title for this exercise.

No comments: